- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 frozen waffles, toasted and cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Frozen waffles, toasted (optional)
- Maple-flavored syrup or pure maple syrup (optional)
1. In a large skillet cook sausage until brown. Drain off fat.
2. Arrange 3 of the waffles in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with half of the sausage and about 1/3 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk, mustard, and pepper. Pour over layers in dish. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Uncover and bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve on toasted waffles and drizzle with maple syrup. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 413,
- Fat, total (g) 28,
- chol. (mg) 217,
- sat. fat (g) 12,
- carb. (g) 15,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 19,
- sodium (mg) 668,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet