Waffle Breakfast Casserole
pound bulk pork sausage
frozen waffles, toasted and cubed
cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
teaspoon dry mustard
teaspoon black pepper
Frozen waffles, toasted (optional)
Maple-flavored syrup or pure maple syrup (optional)
- In a large skillet cook sausage until brown. Drain off fat.
- Arrange 3 of the waffles in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Top with half of the sausage and about 1/3 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a large bowl beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk, mustard, and pepper. Pour over layers in dish. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Uncover and bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve on toasted waffles and drizzle with maple syrup. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Waffle Breakfast Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 413 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 217 mg chol.,
- 668 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet