Tropical Fruit Pancakes
- In a food processor bowl or blender container combine sliced bananas and lemon juice. Cover and process or blend until smooth. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another mixing bowl combine milk, egg yolks, and margarine or butter; stir in banana mixture and pineapple. Add banana mixture to flour mixture all at once. Stir just until batter is combined but still slightly lumpy.
- In a small mixing bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold egg whites and 2/3 cup of the coconut into the batter, leaving a few puffs of egg white. Do not overbeat.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water dance across the surface. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 1 to 2 minutes per side). Serve immediately sprinkled with remaining coconut. If desired, top pancakes with cream cheese and fruit. Makes 20 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts (Tropical Fruit Pancakes)
- Per serving:
- 99 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 22 mg chol.,
- 131 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet