Rocky Road Pancakes
cups Buttermilk Pancake Mix (see www.bhg.com)
eggs, slightly beaten
tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
2 ounce envelopes premelted unsweetened chocolate or 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
cup semisweet chocolate pieces
cup chopped walnuts or pecans
cups miniature marshmallows
cups hot fudge ice-cream topping
Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine Buttermilk Pancake Mix, milk, eggs, sugar, and melted margarine or butter. Stir just until combined but still slightly lumpy. Stir in chocolate, chocolate pieces, and the 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water dance across the surface. Reduce heat to medium-low. For each pancake, pour a scant 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- Cook over medium-low heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 1 to 2 minutes per side). Top with a few marshmallows after turning to cook second sides.
- Serve immediately drizzled with hot fudge topping. If desired, sprinkle with additional nuts. Makes about 16 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts(Rocky Road Pancakes)
- Per serving:
- 240 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 30 mg chol.,
- 204 mg sodium,
- 34 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet