Peanutty Pancakes with Honey Butter
- In a large mixing bowl stir together pancake mix and sugar. In another bowl beat egg with a whisk or fork; beat in peanut butter. Stir in milk and water. Add egg mixture to pancake mix all at once. Stir just until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- For standard-size pancakes, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. (Use 1 to 2 tablespoons for smaller pancakes.) Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and slightly dry edges.
- For waffles, pour 1 to 1-1/4 cups of batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Bake according to the manufacturer's directions. When waffle is done, use a fork to lift it off grid. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, for honey butter, stir together margarine or butter and honey. If desired, heat until margarine is melted. Spoon or drizzle over waffles or pancakes. Makes 8 (3-inch) pancakes or 3 (8-inch) waffles (4 to 6 servings).
Nutrition Facts (Peanutty Pancakes with Honey Butter)
- Per serving:
- 459 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 66 mg chol.,
- 661 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet