Peanut Waffles With Butterscotch Sauce
- In a mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl combine the egg yolks, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients all at once, stirring just until combined but still slightly lumpy. Stir chopped peanuts into batter. Set aside. In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold egg whites into batter, leaving a few fluffs of egg white. Do not overmix.
- Pour about 1 cup of batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Bake according to manufacturers directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with margarine or butter, if desired, and Butterscotch Sauce. if desired, top with berries. Makes 12 (4-inch) waffles.
- In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup, milk, and margarine or butter. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Serve warm. (Refrigerate any remaining sauce; reheat in saucepan over low heat.) Makes about 1-2/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Waffles With Butterscotch Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 375 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 279 mg sodium,
- 50 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet