- Yields: 8 to 10 four-inch or 36 two-inch pancakes
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 4 mins per pancake
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine the egg, milk, and cooking oil. Add egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- For standard-size pancakes, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. For dollar-size pancakes, pour about 1 tablespoon batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or till pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Serve warm. Makes 8 to 10 standard-size (4-inch) or 36 dollar-size (2-inch) pancakes (8 servings).
Prepare Pancakes as at left, except substitute 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/ cup buckwheat flour for the all-purpose flour; substitute brown sugar for the sugar. Nutrition Facts per serving: 111 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat)
Prepare Pancakes as at left, except reduce baking powder to 1 teaspoon and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to dry mixture; substitute buttermilk or sour milk for the milk. Add additional buttermilk to thin batter, if necessary. Nutrition Facts per serving: 111 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat)
- Per serving:
- 114 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 29 mg chol.,
- 181 mg sodium,
- 14 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet