Put waffles on the breakfast menu. For this recipe, make the batter ahead, chill overnight, and bake first thing in the morning.
0 did it
- Makes: 16 servings
- Yields: Makes about 16 (4-inch) waffles
- Prep: 10 mins
- Chill: 24 hrs
- Bake: per waffle baker directions
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, yeast, vanilla (if desired), and salt; add milk, eggs, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Cover batter loosely and chill overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Stir batter. Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturers directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm. Discard any remaining batter. Makes about 16 (4-inch) waffles.
From the Test Kitchen
Overnight Cornmeal Waffles:
Prepare as above, except reduce flour to 1-1/2 cups and add 3/4 cup cornmeal.
Nutrition Facts (Overnight Waffles)
- Per serving:
- 133 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 29 mg chol.,
- 94 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet