Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, buttermilk powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks.
- To use, spoon lightly into a measuring cup and level off with a straight-edged spatula. Makes 11 cups.
From the Test Kitchen
To Present This Gift:
Cut red decorative paper so it wraps around container with the edges overlapping slightly. Trim excess paper. Lay decorative paper on flat work surface. Spray adhesive on back side of the paper. Apply paper to container. To make wheat-stamped accent paper, tear a wide band from gold art paper to apply to the center of the container. Lay the paper, right side up, on a work surface. Load stamp with ink and press onto the paper as many times as desired, turning the stamp in various directions. Let ink dry. Turn the paper over and spray with adhesive. Apply paper to the center of container. Let dry. Trace around lid on a piece of stamped paper. Cut out circle. Spray the back side with adhesive and affix to container lid. Let dry. For the tag, cut and fold a small rectangular tag from decorative paper scraps. Punch a hole in one corner. Tie the gift tag onto the container using a strand of raffia. Include preparation directions, below, with the gift.
2 eggs, slightly beaten; 1-2/3 cups water; 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted, or cooking oil; 2-1/2 cups Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1. Combine eggs, water, and margarine or butter or oil, Add Buttermilk Pancake Mix. Stir just until combined but still slightly lumpy. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water dance across the surface. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
2. Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 2 to 3 minutes per side). Serve immediately or keep warm in a loosely covered ovenproof dish in a 300 degree F oven. If desired, serve with your favorite syrup or topping. Makes 16 pancakes.
To present this gift you will need:
Red decorative paper
Cylinder-shape container that holds 10 cups
Gold art paper
Wheat stamp or desired design
Ink pad in desired color
Decorative paper scraps
Also try this...
Delete the stamping process and use wrapping paper to cover the container.
Nutrition Facts (Buttermilk Pancake Mix)
- Per serving:
- 213 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 612 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet