- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple (juice pack), well drained, or 3/4 cup finely chopped apple
- 1 1/3 cups Buttermilk Pancake Mix (see www.bhg.com)
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
1. Lightly spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. For filling, in a small nonstick skillet melt margarine or butter over medium heat. Cook celery and sweet pepper in hot margarine or butter until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese, the ham, and pineapple or apple. Set filling aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine Buttermilk Pancake Mix, water, and egg; stir until smooth.
3. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium-high heat until a few drops of water dance across the surface. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
4. Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 2 to 3 minutes per side).
5. Place about 1/4 cup filling in the center of each cooked pancake. Bring up the sides of each pancake, and stand pancake shells upright in prepared baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Makes 10 pancake tacos.
- cal. (kcal) 154,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 43,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 16,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 9,
- vit. A (IU) 292,
- vit. C (mg) 8,
- sodium (mg) 422,
- calcium (mg) 131,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet