- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 11 mins 450°F
Banana-Stuffed French Toast
1 inch thick slices French bread
cup mashed ripe banana (1 small banana)
tablespoons soft-style cream cheese
cup finely chopped peanuts or pecans
teaspoon ground cinnamon
Maple-flavored syrup or sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Grease a baking sheet; side aside. Cut a pocket horizontally in each slice of French bread, cutting from the top crust almost to the bottom crust.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the banana and cream cheese. Spoon one rounded tablespoon of the banana-cream cheese mixture into each pocket.
- In a shallow bowl beat together the eggs, milk, and vanilla. In a pie plate stir together the peanuts or pecans, sugar, and cinnamon. Dip the stuffed bread slices into the egg mixture, then coat with the nut mixture.
- Place the stuffed bread slices on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree F oven about 6 minutes or until golden. Turn the slices over and bake about 5 minutes more or until golden. If desired, serve with maple-flavored syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Banana-Stuffed French Toast)
- Per serving:
- 654 kcal cal.,
- 34 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 239 mg chol.,
- 719 mg sodium,
- 65 g carb.,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet