- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 1 inch thick slices French bread
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana (1 small banana)
- 3 tablespoons soft-style cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple-flavored syrup or sifted powdered sugar (optional)
1. Grease a baking sheet; side aside. Cut a pocket horizontally in each slice of French bread, cutting from the top crust almost to the bottom crust.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together the banana and cream cheese. Spoon one rounded tablespoon of the banana-cream cheese mixture into each pocket.
3. In a shallow bowl beat together the eggs, milk, and vanilla. In a pie plate stir together the peanuts or pecans, sugar, and cinnamon. Dip the stuffed bread slices into the egg mixture, then coat with the nut mixture.
4. Place the stuffed bread slices on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree F oven about 6 minutes or until golden. Turn the slices over and bake about 5 minutes more or until golden. If desired, serve with maple-flavored syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 2 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 2,
- cal. (kcal) 654,
- Fat, total (g) 34,
- chol. (mg) 239,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 65,
- pro. (g) 26,
- sodium (mg) 719,
- Potassium (mg) 575,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet