Pan Seared Tenderloin Steak with Sauce
- Heat a large stainless steel or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter; reduce heat to medium. Cook steaks about 3 minutes per side or until medium rare (145 degrees F). Transfer steaks to a platter. Cover with foil; let stand for 5 minutes while preparing sauce.
- Drain fat from skillet. Add wine, beef broth, and onion to the hot skillet. Using a whisk, stir and scrape up any browned bits in the bottom of the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir in cream; stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking until butter is melted and sauce has thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sauce over steak.
Nutrition Facts (Pan Seared Tenderloin Steak with Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 668 kcal ,
- 57 g fat
- (30 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 19 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 182 mg chol. ,
- 283 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 28 g pro.
How To Video
Woodrow Wilson 1257 Days Ago
Also excellent with pork tenderloin. --Woodrow Wilson, Author "The Champagne Taste/Beer Budget Cookbook: