Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Carrots, Chickpeas, and Cranberries
1 pounds pork tenderloins (455 g), trimmed of fat
Kosher salt or fine sea salt
pounds carrots*, peeled and cut into 2-to 3-inch pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
cup drained canned chickpeas (85 g), rinsed and blotted dry
cup fresh orange juice (120 ml)
cup water (120 ml)
tablespoons unsweeteend dried cranberries
tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
star anise pod
teaspoon pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika)
tablespoon unsalted butter
tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season pork generously on all sides with salt and pepper. In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork. Sear on all sides until browned, about 6 minutes total. Transfer the pork to a large plate; set aside
- Add carrots to pan. Cook and stir until browned at the edges, about 5 minutes. Add the chickpeas and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook for 1 minute more. Using a spatula, make two wide channels through the vegetables. Place pork tenderloins in the channels so they rest directly on the pan surrounded by the carrots.
- Transfer pan to oven. Roast 10 to 15 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of a tenderloin registers 145 degrees F. The center should be rosy when cut into with a knife. Transfer the pork to a carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Carefully place the pan with the vegetables over medium heat. Add orange juice, water, cranberries, brown sugar, star anise, and paprika; mix well. Bring to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in butter, parsley, and oregano. Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, cut the pork on a slight diagonal into slices 1-inch-thick. Serve with roasted vegetables.
From the Test Kitchen
Salisfy, a root vegetable, may be substituted for half of the carrots in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts(Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Carrots, Chickpeas, and Cranberries)
- Per serving:
- 330 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 98 mg chol.,
- 428 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 32 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet