Best-Ever Grilled Burgers
egg, lightly beaten
cup grated Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese (1 ounce)
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon black pepper
pound ground beef*
pound ground pork*
onion buns, hamburger buns, or kaiser rolls, split and toasted
recipe Mustard Sauce
Lettuce leaves (optional)
Thin tomato slices (optional)
Dill pickle spears (optional)
- In a large bowl combine egg, the water, onion, cheese, basil, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon granules, garlic powder, and pepper. Add beef and pork; mix well. Shape meat mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, grill patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place patties on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as directed.)
- Serve burgers on buns with Mustard Sauce. If desired, top with lettuce, tomato slices, and onion slices, and serve with pickle spears.
From the Test Kitchen
To grind your own meat, cut 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast and 1 pound boneless pork sirloin into 1-inch pieces. Using the meat grinder attachment of your mixer, grind the meat according to manufacturer's directions.
cup stone-ground mustard
tablespoons beer or apple juice
teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
- In a small bowl combine mustard, beer, honey, and Worcestershire sauce.
Nutrition Facts(Best-Ever Grilled Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 343 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 91 mg chol.,
- 661 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet