- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup grated Manchego cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl combine cheese, oregano, and garlic powder. Set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet into a 14x12-inch rectangle. Cut rectangle in half crosswise to form two 12x7-inch rectangles. In a small bowl whisk together egg and the water. Brush both pastry rectangles lightly with egg mixture.
3. Sprinkle cheese mixture over one of the pastry rectangles. Place the other pastry rectangle, brushed side down, on top of the cheese mixture. Using your fingers, firmly press rectangles together, forcing out air pockets and sealing edges. Brush top with egg mixture.
4. Using a pastry wheel or sharp knife, cut pastry crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips, 1 inch apart, on ungreased baking sheets. Holding both ends of a strip, twist strip. Place on ungreased baking sheet, pressing ends into baking sheet to secure. Repeat with the remaining strips. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. (To serve today, omit Step 5.)
5. Arrange cooled baked straws in a single layer in a freezer container; cover. Freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place frozen straws on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until warm and crisp.
- cal. (kcal) 111,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 11,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 4,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 336,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet