Orecchiette in Creamed Corn with Wilted Tomatoes and Arugula
ears fresh sweet corn
ounces dried orecchiette pasta
cup pine nuts
tablespoon olive oil
cup grape tomatoes
medium shallot, thinly sliced
cups half-and-half or light cream
teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
cups torn arugula
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
ounces Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Remove husks from ears of corn. Scrub with a stiff brush to remove silks; rinse. Cut kernels from cobs; set kernels aside. Discard cobs. In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes or until al dente. Remove 1/2 cup of the pasta water; set aside. Drain pasta; return pasta to the Dutch oven.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet cook pine nuts over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or just until toasted. Remove pine nuts from skillet; set aside.
- For sauce, heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add corn kernels, tomatoes, and shallot. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until corn begins to brown and shallot is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in half-and-half and the reserved pasta water. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the nutmeg. Pour sauce over pasta in pot. Add arugula and toss until well combined. Season with additional sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- To serve, divide pasta mixture among bowls. Top with cheese and toasted pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts(Orecchiette in Creamed Corn with Wilted Tomatoes and Arugula)
- Per serving:
- 564 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 669 mg sodium,
- 68 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet