Orecchiette in Creamed Corn with Wilted Tomatoes and Arugula
- Remove husks from ears of corn. Scrub with a stiff brush to remove silks; rinse. Cut kernels from cobs; set kernels aside. Discard cobs. In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes or until al dente. Remove 1/2 cup of the pasta water; set aside. Drain pasta; return pasta to the Dutch oven.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet cook pine nuts over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or just until toasted. Remove pine nuts from skillet; set aside.
- For sauce, heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add corn kernels, tomatoes, and shallot. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until corn begins to brown and shallot is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in half-and-half and the reserved pasta water. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the nutmeg. Pour sauce over pasta in pot. Add arugula and toss until well combined. Season with additional sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- To serve, divide pasta mixture among bowls. Top with cheese and toasted pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts (Orecchiette in Creamed Corn with Wilted Tomatoes and Arugula)
- Per serving:
- 564 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 669 mg sodium,
- 68 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 20 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet