Orange, Mint, and Asparagus Pasta Salad
ounces dried campanelle or farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
cup thinly sliced green onions (4)
cup snipped fresh mint
cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
large navel, Cara Cara, and/or blood oranges
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus to the water for the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Transfer pasta mixture to a large serving bowl.
- Add green onions, mint, and cheese to pasta mixture. Using a serrated knife, remove peel and white pith from two of the oranges. Halve oranges lengthwise, then slice crosswise. Add orange pieces to pasta mixture.
- For dressing, finely shred enough peel from the remaining orange to measure 2 teaspoons. Squeeze enough juice from the remaining orange to measure 2 tablespoons. In a screw-top jar combine orange peel, orange juice, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
- Drizzle dressing over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 24 hours. Toss again before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Orange, Mint, and Asparagus Pasta Salad )
- Per serving:
- 290 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 350 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet