Share your take on this idea!
Upload your photo here.
Upload your photo here.
Orange-Ginger Ricotta Tart
- For crust, place flour, ginger, 2 teaspoons sugar, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Cover and process with on/off pulses until combined. Add butter. Cover and process with on/off pulses until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With machine running, add the ice water in a slow, steady stream. Process about 15 seconds or until pastry begins to clump together but is still a bit crumbly.
- Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Use your hands to slightly flatten pastry between two pieces of waxed paper. Roll pastry from center to edges into a circle about 13 inches in diameter. Remove waxed paper; wrap pastry circle around the rolling pin. Unroll into a 9-inch springform pan that has a removable bottom. Ease pastry into pan without stretching it; press onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 15 minutes more or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until combined.
- Pour filling into baked crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the outer edges begin to puff and the center is set. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours (filling will continue to set). Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or until filling is firm.
- Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan. Remove sides of pan. Before serving, spoon 1/4 cup marmalade onto tart. If desired, top with oranges and kumquats; brush fruit with additional melted marmalade.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Prepare crust as directed through Step 3, except chill pastry for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Ginger Ricotta Tart )
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 90 mg chol.,
- 369 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet