Orange-Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
tablespoons olive oil
pound carrots, cut into thin strips
medium red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin bite-size strips
pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
cup frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame), thawed
tablespoon grated fresh ginger
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
cups hot cooked quinoa
tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add carrots; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir about 3 minutes more or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a medium bowl. In the same skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer to the bowl with carrot mixture. Stir in edamame.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, and, if desired, crushed red pepper; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in broth, orange juice concentrate, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and the water; stir into broth mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve chicken mixture over quinoa. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts(Orange-Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 373 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 6 g monounsatured fat),
- 48 mg chol.,
- 481 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet