Orange Flan de Queso
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition until well mixed, scraping down the sides of bowl frequently. Add condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, and salt; mix. Place eight 6-ounce custard cups in a roasting pan. Divide cream cheese mixture among cups.
- Place roasting pan on oven rack. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan around custard cups to a depth of 1 inch. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Remove cups from water. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving. Do not invert flans to serve.
- To serve, gently stir together marmalade and orange pieces and top each flan with the marmalade mixture. If desired, dust with a generous layer of powdered sugar.
From the Test Kitchen
Do not invert these flans to serve.
Instead of topping the flans with orange marmalade, you can use fresh orange supremes (segments).
Nutrition Facts (Orange Flan de Queso)
- Per serving:
- 363 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 207 mg chol.,
- 272 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 41 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet