Orange Chicken Kabobs
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
teaspoon black pepper
cup orange marmalade
cup chicken broth
tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
cup lemon juice
cup coarse-grain Dijon-style mustard
tablespoons light mayonnaise
tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Sliced green onion (optional)
- Cut each chicken breast half lengthwise into four or five strips. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- For marinade, in a medium bowl whisk together orange marmalade, chicken broth, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- For dipping sauce, in a small bowl stir together honey, mustard, mayonnaise, and sesame seeds. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread chicken strips, accordion-style, onto skewers.*
- For a charcoal grill, grill kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally to cook evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place kabobs on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Serve chicken with dipping sauce. If desired, sprinkle with green onion.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Nutrition Facts(Orange Chicken Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 224 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 76 mg chol.,
- 473 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 13 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet