Oatmeal Jam Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in oats, brown sugar, and lemon peel. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed until mixture is crumbly. Remove 1 cup of the crumb mixture for topping; set aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the jam and lemon juice. Carefully spread jam mixture over hot crust. Sprinkle with the reserved 1 cup crumb mixture. Bake about 15 minutes more or until top is golden. Cool bars in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Place bars in box; close box.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Oatmeal Jam Bars)
- Per serving:
- 173 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 20 mg chol.,
- 121 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet