Nutty-Caramel Pumpkin Bars
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoons ground cinnamon
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon ground cloves
eggs, lightly beaten
15 ounce can pumpkin
cup vegetable oil
cups chopped pecans, toasted
cup caramel-flavor ice cream topping
Recipe Browned Butter Frosting, Cream Cheese Frosting, or canned cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cloves. Stir in eggs, pumpkin, and oil until combined. Pour batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl stir together the pecans and caramel topping. Spoon nut mixture over batter in pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Use only half of the Browned Butter Frosting recipe (chill or freeze the remaining frosting and use it to frost cupcakes). Stir enough milk into the frosting to make it a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled bars.
From the Test Kitchen
To store, place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Browned Butter Frosting
cups powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan heat butter over low heat until melted. Continue heating until butter turns a light golden brown. Remove from heat. In a large bowl combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Add browned butter. Beat on medium speed until spreading consistency, adding additional milk if necessary.
Cream Cheese Frosting
3 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar to make a frosting of spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts(Nutty-Caramel Pumpkin Bars)
- Per serving:
- 190 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 26 mg chol.,
- 113 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet