- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
Nicoise Salad Sandwich
thin slices whole wheat bread, toasted
leaves butterhead (Boston or Bibb) lettuce
cup very thin fresh green beans, trimmed
4 1/2 ounce pouches lemon-pepper marinated chunk light tuna*
medium tomato, thinly sliced
Nicoise or Kalamata olives
hard-cooked eggs, sliced (optional)
recipe Fresh Parsley Gremolata Vinaigrette
- Arrange eight slices of the bread on a work surface. Top four of the slices with lettuce leaves; arrange the green beans on top of the lettuce, and top with tuna. Top four slices with the tomato, red onion, 2 olives, and, if desired, egg slices. Drizzle the eight topped bread slices with Fresh Parsley Gremolata Vinaigrette.
- Place the tomato-topped bread slices on top of the lettuce-topped bread slices to make four stacks. Top each stack with one of the remaining four bread slices.
- Cut each sandwich stack in half. Secure through the sandwich half with a long toothpick or 4-inch skewer.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find marinated tuna, use your favorite tuna; drain the tuna and squeeze a lemon wedge over it.
Fresh Parsley Gremolata Vinaigrette
cup white wine vinegar
cup olive oil
tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, parsley, garlic, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
Nutrition Facts (Nicoise Salad Sandwich)
- Per serving:
- 367 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 28 mg chol.,
- 652 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet