Nicoise Salad Sandwich
- Arrange eight slices of the bread on a counter. Top four of the slices with lettuce leaves. Arrange the green beans on top of the lettuce; top with tuna. Top four slices with the tomato, red onion, 2 olives, and, if desired, egg slices. Drizzle the eight bread slices with Fresh Parsley Gremolata Vinaigrette.
- Place the tomato-topped bread slices on top of the lettuce-topped bread slices to make four stacks. Top each stack with one of the remaining 4 bread slices.
- Cut each sandwich stack in half. Secure through the sandwich half with a long toothpick or 4-inch skewer.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find marinated tuna, use your favorite tuna, drained, and squeeze a lemon wedge over it.
Fresh Parsley Gremolata Vinaigrette
- In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, parsley, garlic, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
Nutrition Facts (Nicoise Salad Sandwich)
- Per serving:
- 367 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 28 mg chol.,
- 652 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet