New Potato Bake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart square baking dish; set aside. In a covered large saucepan cook potatoes in enough boiling, lightly salted water to cover for 8 minutes. Stir in spinach; drain well. Return potato mixture to pan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add green onions; cook about 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in flour, salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese until melted.
- Pour sauce over potato mixture; stir gently to combine. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
If you're cooking for a crowd, double the ingredients and bake this side dish in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
Nutrition Facts (New Potato Bake)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 26 mg chol.,
- 192 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet