cups finely chopped nectarines or peeled peaches
cup lemon juice
cups finely chopped, peeled mangoes
of a 6-ounce package (1 foil pouch) liquid fruit pectin
- In a 6- to 8-quart heavy pot combine nectarines and lemon juice. Using a potato masher, crush nectarines. Stir in sugar and mangoes.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Quickly stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids and screw bands.
- Process filled jars in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove jars from canner; cool on wire racks, turning and tilting jars after 20 minutes to distribute fruit evenly throughout the jam. Repeat as necessary. Makes 7 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts(Nectarine-Mango Jam)
- Per serving:
- 69 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 0 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 18 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet