Mushroom Agnolotti with Corn, Tomatoes and Arugula Pan Sauce
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to boiling. Shave corn from ears with a serrated knife; set aside corn. Add the cobs (to release corn starches and add richness) and agnolotti to water; set timer for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for pan sauce, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels to onion and garlic in skillet; cook over medium-high heat until bright and crisp-tender, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes; toss until they begin to release some juices, about 2 minutes more.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid; discard cobs. Return pasta to the pot along with reserved cooking water, corn mixture, and butter. Gently toss over low heat to melt butter. Stir in arugula; toss just until wilted. Divide among four bowls. Top with finely grated cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Mushroom Agnolotti with Corn, Tomatoes and Arugula Pan Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 566 kcal cal.,
- 31 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 102 mg chol.,
- 1075 mg sodium,
- 55 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 11 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Wendy Beadling 581 Days Ago
This was a great combination of tastes. Added diced red sweet Italian pepper for some more crunch and vitamins and some homegrown thyme and chives to the pan sauce. My husband & I both gobbled this up.