Multigrain Citrus Waffles
cup oat flour
tablespoon baking powder
tablespoon packed brown sugar
teaspoon baking soda
cups fat-free milk or light vanilla soymilk
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
cup canola oil
tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
cup low-sugar orange marmalade
- In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine milk, egg, oil, and orange peel. Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).
- Pour 2/3 to 1 cup batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker (use a regular or Belgian waffle baker). Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan heat marmalade until melted. Stir in berries; heat through. Spoon sauce over warm waffles.
Nutrition Facts(Multigrain Citrus Waffles)
- Per serving:
- 221 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 mg chol.,
- 226 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet