Two-Bran Refrigerator Muffins
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together whole bran cereal and oat bran. Stir in the boiling water. Stir in milk, egg whites, and oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add all at once to cereal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Bake immediately or store batter in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To bake, spray 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick spray. Stir muffin batter and fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake in a 400 degree F. oven about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans; serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrition Facts (Two-Bran Refrigerator Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 112 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 123 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet