Smoked Cheddar Mini Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease eighteen to twenty 1-3/4-inch muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in the 3/4 cup cheese. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Batter will thicken upon standing.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling three-fourths full. Sprinkle with desired topping.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm. Makes 18 to 20 mini muffins
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours. To reheat, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap muffins in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until warmed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Cheddar Mini Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 71 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 17 mg chol.,
- 86 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet