- Makes: 18 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cool: 5 mins
- Bake: 8 mins to 10 mins 425°F
Smoked Cheddar Mini Muffins
cup yellow cornmeal
teaspoons baking powder
dash cayenne pepper
cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
tablespoons cooking oil or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Poppy seeds, sesame seeds, thin strips roasted red sweet pepper, shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease eighteen to twenty 1-3/4-inch muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in the 3/4 cup cheese. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Batter will thicken upon standing.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling three-fourths full. Sprinkle with desired topping.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm. Makes 18 to 20 mini muffins
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours. To reheat, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap muffins in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until warmed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Cheddar Mini Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 71 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 17 mg chol.,
- 86 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesAppetizers, Bread Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Bread and Pastry, Breakfast and Brunch Bread and Pastry Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easy Appetizers, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Party Appetizers, Rice and Grains Recipes