- Grease twelve to fourteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a small mixing bowl stir together the 1/3 cup brown sugar and sour cream; stir in pecans. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Make well in center of dry mixture.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine egg, buttermilk, pumpkin, the 2/3 cup brown sugar, and melted butter. Add pumpkin mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each almost full. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the pecan mixture on top of each muffin. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm. Makes 12 to 14 muffins.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin-Praline Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 234 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 33 mg chol.,
- 237 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Sara Bielaczyc 1596 Days Ago
These are good. They taste like pecan pie muffins with a hint of pumpkin. My main problem with them is that the brown sugar pecan topping drizzled down the sides, and they are very sticky to handle.