These quick and easy low calorie blueberry muffins can be ready in about half an hour.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: 12 muffins
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 400°F
Nonstick spray coating
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cup plain nonfat yogurt
cup frozen egg product, thawed
tablespoons cooking oil
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Spray twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick spray coating; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Make a well in the center of dry mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine yogurt, egg product, milk, oil, and lemon peel. Add yogurt mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Then remove muffins from muffin cups Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Blueberry Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 119 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 68 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet