Ginger Blueberry Muffins
- Arrange blueberries in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Freeze for 30 minutes or until berries are firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 24 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a large bowl combine cake flour, bread flour, baking powder, ginger, salt and baking soda; set aside. In a small bowl combine the honey, molasses and fresh ginger.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at time, beating after each addition just until combined. Add the honey mixture, beating on low speed until just combined. Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed until just combined after each addition. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger Blueberry Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 167 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 180 mg sodium,
- 27 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet