Capture the flavor of Christmas's essential beverage in these sweet streusel-topped muffins.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cool: 5 mins
- Bake: 18 mins to 20 mins 375°F
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the cups of two 6-cup foil muffin pans or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, eggnog, melted butter, vanilla, and rum extract. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy.) Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Nutmeg-Streusel Topping.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Wash and dry the foil muffin pans. Return muffins to muffin pans. Cover with plastic wrap.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and ground nutmeg. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Nutrition Facts (Eggnog Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 312 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 73 mg chol.,
- 132 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 24 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet