- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the cups of two 6-cup foil muffin pans or line with paper bake cups; set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, eggnog, melted butter, vanilla, and rum extract. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy.) Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full. Sprinkle with Nutmeg-Streusel Topping.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Wash and dry the foil muffin pans. Return muffins to muffin pans. Cover with plastic wrap.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and ground nutmeg. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Nutrition Facts (Eggnog Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 312 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 73 mg chol. ,
- 132 mg sodium ,
- 46 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
Cat Cameron-Pazera 1392 Days Ago
These were quite easy to make...I only had to run out for the Rum Extract but I had all of the other ingredients. I made them for Christmas breakfast and all 12 went right away. My family insisted that I make another batch which I did this morning. Small hint: to save a dish, I re-used the bowl I mixed the dry ingredients in to mix the strudel topping. Also, I used raw sugar for the strudel topping as it gives a nice texture and flavor.