- Yields: 6 muffins
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 17 mins 400°F
- Grease six 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line them with paper bake cups. Set muffin cups aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl combine the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Add the liquid ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold walnuts, pecans, or almonds into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 17 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden. Remove from muffin cups and cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 6 muffins.
Prepare Cinnamon N Spice Oatmeal Muffins as directed above, except substitute 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries for the nuts.
Nutritional Facts per muffin: Same as Cinnamon N Spice Oatmeal Muffins except: 166 calories, 6 g total fat.
Prepare Cinnamon N Spice Oatmeal Muffins as directed above, except stir 1/3 cup shredded apple into the egg mixture and omit the nuts.
Nutritional Facts per muffin: Same as Cinnamon N Spice Oatmeal Muffins except: 165 calories and 6 g total fat.
Need breakfast in a hurry? Team these muffins with bowls of sliced peaches and strawberries and cups of coffee.
- Per serving:
- 193 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 37 mg chol.,
- 111 mg sodium,
- 24 g carb.,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet