Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins
These muffins are dipped in melted butter then a yummy combination of cinnamon and sugar before serving warm as a wonderful brunch treat.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, the baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In a small bowl beat egg with a fork; stir in milk and the 1/3 cup melted butter. Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Cool muffins in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Dip muffins into the 1/4 cup melted butter, then into sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve warm. Makes 12 muffins.
Prepare as above, except fold 1 cup fresh berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries) or chopped strawberries into batter.
Prepare as above, except fold 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract into batter.
Prepare as above, except fold 3/4 cup finely chopped banana and 1/3 cup shredded coconut into batter.
Prepare as above, except fold 1/3 cup toffee pieces and 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces into batter.
Prepare as above, except increase milk to 2/3 cup and whisk 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter into egg mixture. Fold 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces into batter.
- Per serving:
- 195 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 42 mg chol.,
- 128 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet