A hint of orange complements the flavor of blueberries in these tender muffins.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: 12 muffins
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cool: 5 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 375°F
teaspoons baking powder
cup melted butter (no substitutes)
tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
Coarse sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin pan cups. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, the 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of dry mixture; set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, butter, and orange peel; add all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each almost full. If desired, sprinkle tops with coarse sugar. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Makes 12.
Nutrition Facts (Blueberry Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 58 mg chol.,
- 185 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet