Best Brunch Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 derees F. Grease fifteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, the 2/3 cup sugar, the baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Stir in milk, the 1/3 cup melted butter, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir mixture just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops of muffins are golden brown.
- Place muffin pans on wire racks. Brush tops of muffins with additional melted butter; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Remove muffins from cups. Serve warm. Makes 15 muffins.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake the muffins; cool. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw the muffins, covered, at room temperature. Wrap the muffins in foil and bake in a 350 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts (Best Brunch Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 166 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 42 mg chol. ,
- 176 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.