This recipe for low-fat banana muffins can be made quickly with a blender. Bake them up for breakfast or a snack.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat six 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper bake cups and coat insides of paper cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, flax seed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a blender, combine banana, milk, egg, and oil. Cover and blend until smooth. Add banana mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Banana-Oat Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 123 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 72 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet