- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper bake cups and coat insides of paper cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, the 1/3 cup brown sugar, the baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat eggs with a fork; stir in buttermilk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in shredded apple. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl combine pecans, flaxseed meal, and the 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spoon pecan mixture on top of muffin batter.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from muffin cups. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Apple-Streusel Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 163 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 167 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Karen Velthaus 1003 Days Ago
these has very little flavor. Will not be making them again.