Moroccan Tagine-Style Chicken Thighs
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, garlic, cinnamon, caraway seeds, cumin, cardamom, and cayenne pepper.
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Add oil mixture. Press air from bag; seal. Cover and chill for 8 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Place chicken in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. In a medium bowl combine broth, apricots, dates, ground almonds, turmeric, salt, pepper, and saffron; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 hours. Use a slotted spoon to remove chicken mixture from slow cooker (some meat may fall off the bone); place chicken in a shallow serving dish. Sprinkle chicken with cilantro and sliced almonds. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Serve chicken with cooking liquid and, if desired, couscous.
Nutrition Facts (Moroccan Tagine-Style Chicken Thighs)
- Per serving:
- 510 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 16 g monounsatured fat),
- 115 mg chol.,
- 580 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 31 g sugar,
- 31 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet