Mole Pork Flautas
cup fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
cup grape tomatoes, halved, or chopped tomatoes (2 medium)
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
tablespoons lime juice
tablespoons canola oil
ounces lean boneless pork
Nonstick cooking spray
15 ounce can reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
tablespoons bottled mole sauce
6 inches whole wheat or white low-carb flour tortillas
- Thaw corn, if frozen; drain well. In a medium bowl combine fresh or thawed corn, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and 2 teaspoons of the oil. Set aside.
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Add meat; cook until brown. Add beans, broth, the water, and mole sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Using the back of a wooden spoon, slightly mash beans.
- To assemble flautas, spoon meat mixture along one side of each tortilla. Roll up tortilla; secure with wooden toothpicks. Lightly coat outsides of flautas with cooking spray.
- Using paper towels, wipe out skillet used to cook meat mixture. In the skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add four of the flautas. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until brown and crisp on all sides (remove toothpicks as needed). Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and the remaining four flautas. Serve flautas with corn mixture.
Nutrition Facts(Mole Pork Flautas)
- Per serving:
- 377 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 651 mg sodium,
- 54 g carb.,
- 23 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet