- Coat a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl combine ground beef, sausage, oats, egg product, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and crushed red pepper. Shape mixture into 72 approximately 2-inch meatballs.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook meatballs, one-fourth at at time, over medium heat until brown, turning once. Transfer to prepared cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together molasses, soy sauce, and lime juice. Pour over meatballs. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm or low-heat setting for up to 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts (Molasses-Lime Meatballs)
- Per serving:
- 140 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 34 mg chol.,
- 350 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Laura Mason 918 Days Ago
After browning in the skillet do you just put the meatballs in the crockpot with no liquid or anything?