Mixed Berry Pudding Cake
- Lightly coat a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In the prepared slow cooker combine frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, and cranberries; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, the 2/3 cup sugar, the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla just until combined. Spoon and carefully spread batter over berries in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the boiling water and the 1/3 cup sugar; stir to dissolve sugar. Pour evenly over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Remove crockery liner from slow cooker, if possible, or turn off slow cooker. Cool, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- To serve, spoon warm pudding cake into dessert dishes. If desired, sprinkle each serving with almonds.
Nutrition Facts (Mixed Berry Pudding Cake)
- Per serving:
- 220 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 146 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
jhofer001 204 Days Ago
can this be baked in the oven instead of a slow cooker. I don't have a 3-1/2 to 4 inch small cooker and would like to bake it in the oven instead. What temperature would I bake it on then?
Shawna Lawton 621 Days Ago
What does it mean the batter starts out on the bottom but ends up on top? That clearly looked to me like the batter was on the top to begin with.
Veronique Elbaz-Daly 1435 Days Ago
I didn't have cranberries so I used dried cherries. Instead of butter I used organic coconut oil and replaced milk with almond milk.