Mixed Berry Pudding Cake
Nonstick cooking spray
cups loose-pack frozen blueberries
cups loose-pack frozen red raspberries
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon ground cinnamon
tablespoons butter, melted
cup boiling water
cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Lightly coat a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In the prepared slow cooker combine frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries, and cranberries; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, the 2/3 cup sugar, the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla just until combined. Spoon and carefully spread batter over berries in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the boiling water and the 1/3 cup sugar; stir to dissolve sugar. Pour evenly over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Remove crockery liner from slow cooker, if possible, or turn off slow cooker. Cool, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- To serve, spoon warm pudding cake into dessert dishes. If desired, sprinkle each serving with almonds.
Nutrition Facts(Mixed Berry Pudding Cake)
- Per serving:
- 220 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 9 mg chol.,
- 146 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 30 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet