Mini Quiches with Sriracha
- Prepare Pastry for a Double-Crust Pie. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until pastry is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Divide chilled pastry into 18 portions; shape each portion into a ball. Place a ball in each of eighteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups. Gently press dough onto the bottoms and 1 inch up the sides of the muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, the 6 tablespoons sliced green onions, the salt, and pepper. Ladle egg mixture into pastry-lined muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Sprinkle with ham.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand in muffin cups for 10 minutes before serving. Using a small sharp knife, loosen pastry from sides of cups. Carefully remove quiche cups from muffin cups. Top with additional green onions (if desired) and chili sauce. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Cool quiche cups completely. Place in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, thaw quiche cups at room temperature for 15 minutes if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place quiche cups in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until heated through.
Pastry for a Double-Crust Pie
- In a large bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the ice water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened pastry to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the ice water at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Divide pastry in half; form halves into balls.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Quiches with Sriracha)
- Per serving:
- 191 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 78 mg chol. ,
- 261 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.