- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 14 ounce package (12-inch) thin-style Italian bread shell, such as Boboli brand
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet pepper bruschetta topper, kalamata olive bruschetta topper, or desired pizza sauce
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper or crushed red pepper
- Small fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil; set aside. Use a 2-inch round cutter to cut Italian bread shell into 18 to 20 circles (or use a knife to cut into 20 squares/pieces).* Place bread shell pieces onto prepared baking sheet.
2. Spread bruschetta topper on bread shell pieces. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. (If necessary, cut cheese and tomatoes to fit.)
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread pieces are crisp. Sprinkle with black pepper and top with basil leaves just before serving. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cut bread shell into circles or pieces. Place in a storage container; cover and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- If you prefer, cut some circles and some squares.
- cal. (kcal) 83,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 9,
- pro. (g) 4,
- vit. A (IU) 194,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 159,
- Potassium (mg) 37,
- calcium (mg) 101,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet