Mini Crab Cakes
- In a large bowl combine egg, green onions, sweet pepper, mayonnaise, Worcestershire-style marinade, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add crabmeat; mix well. Shape mixture into twelve 2-inch-diameter patties. Dip both sides of patties into panko, pressing gently to coat.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add half of the patties; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and golden, gently turning once.
- Transfer crab cakes to a baking sheet. Keep warm in a 300 degrees F oven while cooking the remaining crab cakes in the remaining butter and oil. Serve warm. If desired, arrange crab cakes on a bed of spinach. Serve with Orange Aioli.
From the Test Kitchen
These are very meaty cakes, which makes them special but also a bit fragile. Handle them gently, moving them as little as possible in the pan. When they begin to cook, they will hold together a bit better. They're worth the effort.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, orange peel, orange juice, chives, and coriander.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Crab Cakes)
- Per serving:
- 209 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 71 mg chol.,
- 396 mg sodium,
- 4 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet