Mini Chocolate and Yogurt Parfaits
To make the Parfait:
- In a food processor combine the yogurt, goat cheese, honey, ground pink peppercorns, and salt. Cover and process for 60 to 90 seconds (don't skimp on the time, it takes at least a minute to blend the ingredients until they're creamy and velvety smooth).
- Reserve 1 cup of the yogurt mixture. Add cocoa powder to the remaining mixture; whisk until smooth.
- Layer half of the chocolate mixture in 8 small cordial glasses. Spoon plain reserved yogurt mixture over chocolate. Top with the remaining half of the chocolate mixture. Chill at least 3 hours.
- In a small saucepan heat jam just until melted; spoon over parfaits. Top with pink peppercorns.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Chocolate and Yogurt Parfaits)
- Per serving:
- 117 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 3 mg chol.,
- 93 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 16 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Shantha NK 1645 Days Ago
I tweaked the recipe and used 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1 cup Greek yogurt. Also used 1/2 cup honey. It was not too tangy - just right. I would suggest that you add some sugar and use plain yogurt instead of the 2 cups Greek yogurt if you are not fond of tangy stuff.
Susan Ellingburg 1660 Days Ago
Mercy! Way too tangy for my group; not pleasant at all. The flavor of goat cheese was overwhelming. (Pay no attention to the number of stars I accidentally gave it, after tasting we dumped the rest down the disposal.)