Mini Burgers with Cheesy Onions
- In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, and steak seasoning. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape mixture into 12 small patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease the rack of an indoor electric grill or a grill pan. Preheat to medium. Place patties on grill rack or in pan. If using a grill with a cover, close lid. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until done (160 degrees F).* If using an uncovered grill or a grill pan, turn patties once halfway through grilling.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes more or until onions are golden. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve burgers in buns with cheesy onions.
From the Test Kitchen
The internal color of a burger is not a reliable doneness indicator. A beef patty cooked to 160 degrees F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a patty, insert an instant-read thermometer through the side of the patty into the center.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Burgers with Cheesy Onions)
- Per serving:
- 300 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 65 mg chol.,
- 490 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet