- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 largesweet onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese (2 ounces)
- 12 cocktail buns, split and toasted
1. In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, and steak seasoning. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape mixture into 12 small patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Lightly grease the rack of an indoor electric grill or a grill pan. Preheat to medium. Place patties on grill rack or in pan. If using a grill with a cover, close lid. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until done (160 degrees F).* If using an uncovered grill or a grill pan, turn patties once halfway through grilling.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes more or until onions are golden. Stir in cheese until melted.
4. Serve burgers in buns with cheesy onions.
- The internal color of a burger is not a reliable doneness indicator. A beef patty cooked to 160 degrees F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a patty, insert an instant-read thermometer through the side of the patty into the center.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 300,
- Fat, total (g) 14,
- chol. (mg) 65,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 26,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 17,
- sodium (mg) 490,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet