Mini Blue Corn Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line forty-eight 1-3/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, ginger, baking soda, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, brown sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Fold in carrots, raisins, and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Sprinkle with additional walnuts, if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
From the Test Kitchen
To vary this recipe, try dried cranberries in place of the raisins, slivered almonds or chopped pecans for the walnuts, and add 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Blue Corn Carrot Cake Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 128 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 17 mg chol.,
- 137 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet